Wow! So I’ve recently gotten nominated for the Liebster award, which is my first blogging award and feels pretty awesome. Thanks very much to both Katie from katliterary and Natalie from Browsing Bookshelves for being awesome bloggers and sharing the blogging love! The Liebster is all about promoting fellow bloggers who deserve credit and recognition. By receiving this award I have to post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions asked by the nominator, and then nominate 5-11 others.
Let’s start with the facts!
1. I collect spoons. I have over 60 of them.
2. I danced ballet for 12 years and hip hop for 4. I miss it a lot!
3. I cross stitch. A lot. It’s the best past time while I’m watching tv or movies!
4. My favourite tv show is Stargate SG-1.
5. I don’t have a favourite book. It upsets me to commit to just one!
6. I have a small obsession with butterflies that I didn’t know about – my friend had to point out that I own a million butterfly things, from earrings to necklaces to scarves to wind chimes! Who knew?
7. Using ladders makes me nervous.
8. I love thunderstorms.
9. I want to have a Secret Garden.
10. I love everything about going camping, from the tents to hiking, to sitting by the campfire. Well, everything but the bugs. :)
Edit:11. I constantly post blogs with terrible grammar mistakes or typos, or forget to put stuff in. For example, I posted this one with only 10 random facts, not 11!
11 Questions from Natalie!
1. What book are you reading right now? What made you pick it up?
Right now I’m reading Sabriel by Garth Nix. I’ve read it before, but I haven’t read the entire Abhorsen series yet, so I thought I would refresh my memory before reading the second book.
2. If you could visit anyplace in the world, where would it be?
I would love to one day visit the pyramids in Egypt!
3. What is something that terrifies you?
Spiders. They have too many legs!
4. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Raw scallops. They were in a sushi roll, but were still very…interesting.
5. If you were going to a bookish costume party, which character/author would you dress up as?
Any of them? All of them? :) Probably something from Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. Sabriel would be cool too.
6. What book would you love to be made into a movie?
Anything by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, or Scott Westerfelds’ Uglies series.
7. If you had a time machine, what historical period/event would you want to visit?
Oh, probably the Victorian Era of British history.
8. What does your dream bookshelf/library look like?
Giant? Monstrous? A room with bookshelves on every possible surface, with a squishy carpet, and reading chairs strewn haphazardly across the room, and a giant fireplace. :)
9. Who are your top 3 book boyfriends/girlfriends?
Anne and Gilbert, Anne of Green Gables
Arwen and Aragorn, Lord of the Rings
Danica and Zane, Hawksong
10. What song/album are you currently in love with?
Paramore! Their self titled album released last year is still one of my go to places for a good mood. :)
11. What house would you have been sorted into at Hogwarts? Why?
Ravenclaw. Mostly because every internet quiz I’ve ever taken (including Pottermore!) tells me so. :)
I’ll be giving my nominations and questions in a second post, so watch for that in a few days!